Earn While at Home

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tuna and Cheese Omelette

Sharing my husband’s recipe, though he is not really cooking, somehow he knew the basics. Allow me to tell the story behind this recipe. I remembered one weekend my husband woke up ahead of me and the kids. To my surprise, I found him in the kitchen cooking! I saw a can of tuna, 8 egg shells, a frying pan and spatula, bottles of iodized salt and cooking oil. As I approached him, he greeted me with a smile on his face and I asked him what he is up to. So he gladly told me that he will do the breakfast for us and I just have to sit down and relax, but curiously I stand beside him as I watch him do his craft. It just took him a few minutes to cook and soon we feasted over his tasty and sumptuous tuna and cheese omelette! Isn’t it nice to be surprised by your husband’s cooking?

Ingredients:

1 canned tuna flakes (preferably Guisado flavor)
4 eggs
Pinch of iodized salt
2 tbsp. Cooking oil
2 slices processed cheddar cheese

Procedure:
  1. Beat the 4 eggs, put iodized salt and set aside.
  2. Heat the skillet. Put the tuna flakes together with its oil, stir and let boil for 3 minutes or until a little oil is left. Remove and set aside.
  3. In the same skillet, put the cooking oil heat for a few seconds. Pour in half of the beaten eggs covering the entire skillet. Spread half of the cooked tuna flakes and top with cheese. Fold and turn the omelette to cook the other side. Remove from skillet and do the same procedure for the 2nd half.
Serve with toasted bread or steamed rice.  Makes 2-3 servings.



No comments:

Post a Comment