Earn While at Home

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Milky Chicken Sopas

When I was still a child, my mother cooks this as an afternoon snack. I remembered that she adds chicken heart and slices of hotdog and she serves it hot! Oh I love to eat this during rainy days. I can eat 3 bowls of it until I get a full stomach.  
As I cook it now, I enhanced by putting milk and vegetables to make it healthier. It is cost friendly too so everyone can afford to buy and enjoy this nourishing snack.


Ingredients:

200 grams elbow macaroni
250 grams chicken breast
1 liter water
1 small can of evaporated milk
1 small onion (chopped)
4 cloves garlic (minced)
2 tbsp butter
100 gram carrot (diced)
Quarter of red bell pepper (diced)
1 cup cabbage (sliced)
1 stalk celery (sliced)
Celery leaves
4 tbsp fish sauce
¼ tsp. ground pepper
 
Procedure:

 
  1. Boil the chicken in 500 ml of water. Remove the chicken from the broth, cut the chicken in small pieces.
  2. Heat the pan; melt butter then sauté garlic and onion until onions are limp.
  3. Put the chicken pieces, sauté more with garlic and onion and put fish sauce, mix well.
  4. Pour in the chicken broth, put to boil.
  5. Put the elbow macaroni, stir continuously and cook until aldente.
  6. Put the carrots, evaporated milk, ground pepper and cabbage. Simmer for 3 minutes.

 
Makes 5-8 servings.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment